The word “gender” is mentioned 29 times in the House-passed version of the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which also formally establishes a full-time, funded, stationed, and resourced “Gender Advisor Workforce.”
H.R. 7900, which easily passed the House by a margin of more than three-to-one (329-101), ensures all-gender coverage of artificial reproductive services, examines differences in recruitment and home ownership by gender – and even conducts gender-based services to foreign military and counts the number of people evacuated from Afghanistan by gender:
- Gender Advisor Workforce: Develop and manage a Gender Advisor Workforce throughout the Department of Defense.
- Artificial Reproductive Services: Grant coverage regardless of gender marital status.
- Fitness Requirements: Establish gender-neutral fitness standards.
- Recruitment Efforts: quantify gender of those enlisted by region and Army Recruitment Battalion area.
- Barriers to Homeownership: study differences in enlistment correlated with gender.
- Foreign Militaries: Conduct/Advise/Support foreign militaries in providing appropriate gender-sensitive equipment and facilities.
- Foreign Militaries: Conduct/Advise/Support foreign military establishment, training, and development of gender advisory workforces.
- Afghanistan Evacuation: Account for the total number of individuals evacuated from Afghanistan in 2021 with support of the United States Government, disaggregated by gender. Source: CNS News